Quoting a VIPedge Solution Using SalesDoc Architect
On July 10, 2012, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. announced the release of VIPedge, a cloud-based business telephone solution that gives users the same features, functionality, quality, service and reliability of other Toshiba’s telephone systems, but all in the cloud! With the release of this new solution from Toshiba, we at CorsPro went to work to make sure that our Toshiba dealer clients are able to easily quote these solutions with SalesDoc Architect.
Dealers can use SalesDoc Architect now to propose VIPedge solutions in order to deliver a robust and content-rich proposal that highlights all the benefits of VIPedge! You can also use SDA to create proposals for the traditional (non-Cloud) solutions and the new Cloud-based solutions so that prospects can compare the two options.
When creating SDA quotes and proposals for Toshiba’s VIPedge solution, please note the following:
- The product is configured using Toshiba’s cloud-based VIPedge configuration tool. Currently there is no way to export the configured parts and pricing from this tool so that the parts/pricing can be imported into SDA, so we’ve created a VIPedge tab – accessed via the “Get Tabs” button – that makes it easy for you to add the parts/pricing to an SDA quote. (Since dealers are paid a commission for VIPedge solutions, we only bring in the sale price into the tab.)
- All pricing on this tab applies to VIPedge quotes ONLY. (i.e. there are several IP and wireless phones with special pricing that applies only for VIPedge solutions.)
- We recommend that you configure your VIPedge labor on your MiscProd tab and use that labor for your SDA quotes and proposals, rather than configuring the VIPedge labor parts (V-IN-USR, V-INSTALL-OD, etc.). However, you will need to use the VIPedge labor parts when you configure and order the solution via Toshiba’s cloud-based VIPedge configuration tool.
- Pricing is subject to change. CorsPro cannot take responsibility for its accuracy and upkeep so we unprotected the MSRP column to make it easy for you to change the pricing as necessary. CorsPro will review pricing monthly for the monthly updates and will also make any necessary changes as they come to us, but for every proposal, please confirm that the pricing is accurate via your VIPedge.com portal.
- If you’re creating multiple quotes/proposals because you’d like to show a customer the option of an on-premise versus a VIPedge solution, we recommend that you create separate quotes for each and either create a separate proposal for each solution, or use SDA’s multi-quote consolidation feature, making sure to tick the “Consolidate options” box so that SDA breaks out the different solution options into different pricing schedules.
- For more information on the VIPedge elements that we’ve added to SalesDoc Architect, please see our SalesDoc Architect product update page for July, 2012 on our website.
How to Create a VIPedge Proposal in SalesDoc Architect
- Open up SalesDoc Architect.
- Click on the “Get Tabs” button and select the “VIPedge” tab.
- Enter the quantity for each part that you would like to include in your solution just as you would on Toshiba’s online tool (please check prices for accuracy and make any necessary adjustments).
- Verify labor calculations for phone installs, which will be driven from MiscProd tab.
- Click “Outputs” and select “Generate proposal”. The appropriate doc sections will be included in the proposal output based on the VIPedge parts you’ve configured. In addition, on the pricing schedule, one-time purchase items will be separated from monthly recurring items as long as you choose to show and subtotal by Product Category.